I finished this top up on Thursday but I needed a few days of having it hanging around to make sure I was actually done.
The original pattern is a bit different than mine. I added more corner stones. In the first green border as well as the blue ones on the outside.
There's also another border of scrappy prints on the outside of the original. That's what I was hesitant about.
I haven't used white as a background solid before and the crisp edge of it had me thinking that I didn't want more prints on the outside of it.
Instead I'm leaning towards making a wide scrappy binding.
Between this top and my Grape Soda, I've now used every big piece of Tula's Prince Charming I had in my stash.
It was hard to cut. This one more so than Grape Soda since this stack really was the last I had.
What's more surprising is that my favorite part of this quilt is the solid border.
I love it.
So much so that I've set aside the pieces I had left from this. While I'm leaning towards a patchwork quilt in solids, I'm still not sure. But that color range will show up again.
There's a ton of hand quilting to be done on this one so it'll be some time before I have a completed quilt to show off.
More than likely I'll be taking shots of the quilting as I work on it in Instagram. I'm sewallegorical on there ;)
Those of you that also took the Handstitched class will notice I don't have the embroidery in the first white border.
Something about it doesn't seem like a good fit for me. Thinking about doing layers of running stitch instead.
Of course, I'll be linking this up to the My Precious QAL since it's the last significant amount of my Prince Charming.
At least I still have this big ol' bag of Tula Scraps to play with.