That was a nice little break there. Hopefully it was enough time for some catch-up work.
Ready to pick things back up again?
This week our task is to attach the petals.
It's a rather simple step. Just a little paper peeling and a little ironing.
Okay...A lot of paper peeling and a lot of ironing.
But I'm enjoying my end of it because my quilt is really starting to come together as I'm placing my rows of petals. And this sort of revealing step in quilting where you see the pieces suddenly click together is my absolute favorite.
Even when it involves ironing.
This week I'm not ahead of my own posts. I'm in fact working right along with y'all.
I'm sure you can notice that there's batting in the picture.
I'm trying something a little different from the book out on my quilt.
Unfortunately I don't have decent access to a longarm quilter and this baby would really be pushing what I could even try to handle on my Janome. So seeing as I don't think I can have the all over bubble quilt pattern, I started to wonder what pattern I did want.
I've got my quilt sandwich already basted here because I'm going to use my stitches to attach the applique as the quilting as well.
I'm still figuring out exactly what I'm doing in the rows that aren't full of petals. I think I might continue the stitch pattern across the squares even if there isn't anything to attach.
So..that's why I'm working with a sandwich. And my steps are a little different.
If you're going for a completely separate quilting pattern then you should be working with your top only.
Don't forget to check your books out for the guide on how to sew down your petals!
I'll be sure to let y'all now how this idea of quilting and attaching at the same time works out.
Here's hoping I don't have a date with my seam ripper.
I'll be back to check in next Monday! Maybe with a finished quilt even.
Man there's still a lot left in that basket.
*Tip: The tweezers are helping me separate some of the papers that are being pesky. I can easily peel it apart at the point with those.