Pile O' Fabric has partnered up with Carolina Patchworks (Emily Cier) who is an amazing quilt designer and writer. She wrote Scrap Republic, Quilt Remix, and Pixel Play (coming soon). You can see her work in Modern Blocks, and she is one of the 16 Iconic Quilt Designers in the newly released book, We Love Color.
Here are the current scheduled posts for the Quilt Along. We will be learning the ins and outs of curve piecing from amazing quilters Emily Cier, Jacquie Gering, Amanda Woodruff, and Kate Conklin. We will also be getting some Groovy Quilting tips from Quilting Extraordinaire Angela Walters. This will be a fantastic learning experience, and a great opportunity to meet some new quilting friends!
- August 2nd - Planning and Choosing your Fabric (and if you need fabric, I’ve arranged for a 20% discount on Kona Cotton at Fat Quarter Shop)
- August 9th - Meet the Totally Groovy Designer, Emily Cier
- August 16th - Cutting your templates
- August 22nd - Intro to Curves Piecing by Alyssa Lichner
- August 23rd - Piecing Traditional Curves by Jacquie Gering at Tallgrass Prairie Studio
- August 30th - Piecing Curves without Pins by Kate Conklin at Kate Conklin Designs
- September 6th - Piecing Curves without Pins by Emily Cier at Carolina Patchworks
- September 7th - Piecing Curves with a Curve Master Foot by Amanda Woodruff at A Crafty Fox
- September 13th - Putting all the pieces together, finishing your quilt top
- September 20th - Choosing a Backing Design
- September 27th - A Look at Emily Cier's New Book Pixel Play
- October 4th - Totally Groovy Quilting Tips by Angela Walters from Quilting is my Therapy
- October 18th - Wrapping up and linky party begins
- October 25th - Submissions do for Grand Prize Winners
Throughout the course of the QAL, participants will have the chance to win AMAZING prizes from the following Sponsors. For exact prize details you can visit Pile O' Fabric
The PatternCarolina Patchworks will be offering all QAL Participants a discount on her pattern.
- 20% off 2 or more (a great chance to get another one of Emily's wonderful patterns) code: TOTALLYGROOVY
- 15% off Groove Paper Pattern code: GROOVEPAPER
- 15% off Groove PDF Pattern code: GROOVEPDF
Pile O' Fabric is having a giveaway for a Totally Groovy Quilt Package! Everything you need to join the fun $75 to The Fat Quarter Shopto get your fabric and a Groove Quilt Pattern to Quilt Along! This giveaway ends July 31st.
Flickr GroupJoin the flickr group, which can be found here. This will be a great place for us to come together and share photos of our progress and get to know each other.
Totally Groovy ButtonIf you’d like to let people know what fun you are up to or invite your friends to join here is a button!
<div align="center"><a href="http://pileofabric.com/post/1001884-totally-groovy-quilt-along-with-prizes" title="Pile O' Fabric"><img src="http://pileofabric.com/Events/totally-groovy-qal/button_sm2.jpg" alt="Pile O' Fabric" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
Sign up and be entered into a drawing to win a pattern!Pile O' Fabric would like to get an approximate head count of you all. If you plan to join and Quilt Along please fill out the sign up form, this will NOT commit you to anything. If you sign up you will be entered into a drawing to win 1 of 10 Groove Patterns (paper).
For complete details of The Totally Groovy Quilt Along you can visit Alyssa at Pile O' Fabric.
Promotional PartnersIf you want more chances to win a Groove Pattern then check out these other blogging friends who have offered to help promote the QAL. Some will be giving patterns away!
- July 14th - Taryn @ Pixels to Patchwork
- July 16th - Jacey @ JaceyCraft
- July 17th - Angela Walters @ Quilting is my Therapy
- July 18th - Tessa @ The Sewing Chick
- July 19th - Erica @ Kitchen Table Quilting
- July 20th - Kelly @ Live. Love. Create
- July 21st - Jacquie @ Tallgrass Praire Studio
- July 22nd - Jennifer @ Ellison Lane Quilts
- July 23rd - Heidi @ Fabric Mutt
- July 24th - Beth @ Plum and June
- July 25th - Barbara @ Monumental Quilts
- July 26th - Allegory @ Sew Allegorical <--- You are Here!
- July 27th - Danny @ Mommyforreals
- July 28th - Penny @ Sew Take a Hike
- July 31st - Amanda @ A Crafty Fox
- August 1st - Kate @ Kate Conklin Designs
How does a chance to win this pattern right now sound?
That's right. It's a GIVEAWAY!
I've got a paper copy of the pattern to give to one of my readers.
- All you have to do is leave me a comment right here on this blog.
Not sure what to say? Since this quilt makes me think of lava lamps you can let me know your feelings on that iconic lighting. Love em? Hate em? Use them to scare the cats? (I used to have one...it terrified Oz. He screamed at it non-stop until I got rid of it).
-Bonus entry: Followers old and new can leave a separate comment here for a bonus entry!
Giveaway will be open until noon EST on Sunday July 29th!
I'm still looking at my schedule of projects to see if I can join in on this one. I really want to. Even if it is a quilt full of curves.