In between juggling projects and arguing with mailmen I keep convincing myself that I had posted about it...to find that nope, I forgot.
Prof. S, Melinda, and Sarah have given me the Liebster Blog award.
Thank you my lovely bloggers!
(I can't believe this slipped under my to-mention list 3 times..sheesh!)
The rules of the Liebster state that I should forward the award onto 5 blogs on my blogroll that have under 200 followers and deserve some recognition.
At this point in the game everyone who meets that requirement on my list has already gotten the award!
Here's something that I'm actually getting in on time!
Debbie of A Quilters Table tagged me today!
Her questions were:
1. What is your favorite color to use in quilting?
Green!! Although it's been a few projects since I've managed to work some in. I should fix that ;)
2. Where would you like to visit in the U.S. that you've never been before?
Alaska. I've wanted to get up there for years.
3. How old is the car you drive most?
It's a 2003. My poor Alice the Altima. I might have to start duct taping her soon.
4. What's the last movie you saw and would you recommend it?
Ummm.......tomorrow I'm going to see the Hunger Games. I was supposed to go today but I had some shop hopping to finish. Before that I saw the newest Sherlock Holmes. I have a serious weakness for RDJr. so I'd say go.
5. What makes a day great?
Having the chance to do something creative. In any form. That will be the difference between a good/bad day for me.
6. What is your favorite snack?
I can't paint without Junior Mints. When I'm sewing I want string cheese.
7. Besides quilting, do you have other hobbies?
I do! I cross-stitch/embroider. Been working on my drawing skills. I've been known to paint. I sew clothes/costumes. I've been doing that for much longer than quilting.
And video games. More than I want to admit I'm playing all at once right now ;)
8. What is your least favorite household chore?
Vacuuming and/or Sweeping. Ugggggh. Just *thinking* about it makes me frustrated.
9. Where would you live if you could?
I'm really happy being in Georgia. I want a house with some land though. I want chickens. And a huge veggie garden. And maybe a sheep.
Ok. Definitely a sheep.
10. What is your favorite quilt you've made?
I'm still pretty new to the quilting game so I've got a small number to choose from.
I'm crazy proud of my KQAL because of dealing with triangle madness.
It's been stolen by my cat....I can't even *look* at it without making him angry.
My Farmer's Wife made of Halloween fabric will reign as favorite if I ever finish it.
11. What's your "wake up" beverage of choice?
Pumpkin Coffee which should totally be available year round but isn't.
my backup is iced coffee with 3 splenda and a splash of soy milk.
......I didn't even like typing that drink. It needs a quick name that doesn't make me feel silly.
I'm supposed to tag 11 people but I think this has been around most of my blogroll already.
So I'm tagging:
Melinda at Tilda's Twisted Life
Elise at Background Noise (who is my real-life Bestie and is who now quilting which might be my fault)
And anyone else who wants to join in with my slightly-silly questions.
Speaking of which, my questions are:
1) Do you and yarn get along? (I ask 'cause me and yarn just make knots)
2) How do you feel about Legos?
3) Worst sewing-related injury?
4) I'm bringing over ice cream, what kind do I pick up for you?
5) Do you prefer to stick with one main fabric line in your quilts or mix them up?
6) Triangles or squares?
7) Favorite animal?
8) Weirdest thing you've ever eaten? (The Mister took me out for gator today)
9) City or country?
10) What's your favorite thing you've made (quilt or otherwise)?
11) How do you organize your stash?
Thank you to everyone for the tags and the award mentions! It really does make my day even if I'm scatterbrained and take days to say so.
I've got some shop hop goodies to show off. And maybe tomorrow I'll do something crazy like turn my machine on! We can only hope ;)